We live in one the best areas of California for boating. The Delta, mountain lakes or a local reservoir – pick a direction and find the perfect spot for you and your family.
May 20 – 26 is National Safe Boating Week. As our customers and friends, we wanted to share with you a few, online tips and resources from the National Weather Service and National Safe Boating Council. Before you go out on the water:
- Check the marine forecast at your local NWS coastal office.
- Look up the latest buoy observations.
- Make sure your boat has essential (and usually required) safety equipment:
- Life Jackets
- Fire Extinguishers
- Emergency distress signals, sound-producing devices and location equipment, such as Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB) or Personal Locator Beacons (PLB).
- Cell or satellite phone, weather radio and other communication devices for ANY weather condition or location.
- Pack plenty of sunscreen, water and first-aid supplies.
- Consider a safe boating course and a vessel safety check.
Add to the list, a review of your insurance coverage. Whatever you get behind for summer fun – boat, RV, all-terrain, or specialty car – we can double-check that your policies have kept pace with your current needs and will continue to protect you and your family. Call Basi Insurance Services at 209-847-3065.
Have a safe and memory-making summer!